This is our Prague Blog. Czech it out!

Being the unbelievable adventures of two young travelers in Prague and elsewhere...

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Last day in Stockholm

Yes, you read that title right. This is my last day in Stockholm, maybe forever. I have had many adventures here - too many to even begin to recount, or even hint at. The best part has been seeing my old friend Nick - one of the few connections to my Dallas, TX past - playing Dungeons & Dragons (my character in Stockholm is a human barbarian named Taschen, a far cry from my old character Basil Spire who was a half-elven half-theif/half mage), reminiscing about our school days and Cafe Brazil nights, and preparing for our high school re-union. In only two years, we will be re-united with all our high school mates, and this has got me thinking of my nemisis again. I have to beat Jeremy Coon.

Jeremy Coon produced Napoleon Dynamite, which, even if it may get a little slow by the end, is a cultural behemouth - a defining film of our generation that will influence art and even society building for at least the next 100 years. Do I have it in me to help create something as worshipped, as quotable, and that inspires as many laughs and smiles as Napoleon Dynamite will do for generations to come? Something more brilliant, yes, of course, there's no question that that's in me, but something as beloved? I'm not so sure.

No matter what, the next two years of my life will, in part, be a ceaseless, undivided effort toward that perhaps impossible goal. And that is just one of the many reasons I must leave Europe (for now?) and return to my real life, the the land where I was born, The United States of America. See you soon, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home