This is our Prague Blog. Czech it out!

Being the unbelievable adventures of two young travelers in Prague and elsewhere...

Friday, April 22, 2005

Getting the shaft, once again

I got fired right before what was to be my last shift at Gulu Gulu. Philip apparently called to warn me, but I missed it, and the Slovakian guy had to tell me, "Uh, I think Philip say your work is not necessary tonight." He didn't even apologize for how unsympathique it was for him to tell me that!

Nicole, Kristen and Matthew were also out of the loop, and came to see me work my waitering magic for the very last time. Instead, they saw me alone at a table in the back room with the melancholy live jazz band, nursing my conciliatory free cheeseless pizza. I had no idea they were coming; it's lucky I didn't order a cheese pizza; they totally would have caught me! It ended up being a very pleasant night, though. Instead of working like a slave for almost nothing but satisfied customer smiles, I got to eat dinner with the three best people in Prague.

I woke up sad about leaving Prague this morning. Is it true what Kundera said about Prague? Only time will tell.

1 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being vegan and getting caught eating cheese during a rough time is possibly worse than being caught masturbating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home