This is our Prague Blog. Czech it out!

Being the unbelievable adventures of two young travelers in Prague and elsewhere...

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Soon its goodbye to Prague

On Friday, April 15 (Nicoles birthday, as everyone knows... RIGHT??), I will only have two more weeks in Prague. We paid for our apartment until May 10, but really, who wants to stay in Prague for that long? In "The Metamorphisis," just about the only book Kafka finished writing, Kafka (speaking as a character who just saw a giant cockroach that used to be her son) said, "Screw Prague. Its too touristy." Its cliche to complain about tourists, and I feel blessed for every day I walk on these ancient cobblestones, but I´m going somewhere else anyway. On April 29, I am flying to Stockholm, to hang out with my friend Nick. Then on May 11, thanks to Rachel´s negotiating genius, I fly from Stockholm to Texas to be re-united with my American patriots. Somewhere on or around June 1, I will fly from Austin to New York. I am not quite sure what Nicole is going to do once our lease is up, and neither is she, but it looks like her post-Prague travels could involve Serbia, Russia, Greenland, South Korea, and/or the Isle of Sky in Scotland. Istanbul for sure. But by no means is Prague over. I am going to start posting regularly to PragueBlague again very soon. The blog, by the way, will go on long after Nicole and I have sold out to American militarism, settled down to our separate lives, and resigned ourselves to never leaving the Untied States ever again.

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Chadwick said...

Hey Rhys, I'll be in Austin at the end of May, for a day or two. I hope I can get to say hi to you before you take off for NYC.

Nicole, I assume you won't be in Austin around that time???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home