This is our Prague Blog. Czech it out!

Being the unbelievable adventures of two young travelers in Prague and elsewhere...

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Snow

Ive never been happier in Prague than I have been the last two days. Maybe it was the despair and vast emptiness of Berlin (Nicole and I will blog more about Berlin later), which proved to us that Prague is home and we should never ever leave, but probably its the snow. Yes, it snowed in Berlin, as Nicoles ankle warned us it would, but not like this. Berlin was cold and the ground was hard and uneven, and I still have a slight limp from walking around there.

Its not cold in Prague, at all. It has to be around 60 degrees fareinheit here. But its snowing none the less, just because Prague knows its supposed to snow. Its snowing here more than ever, not a blizzard or anything, just slow and steady, and it keeps building up on the ground, layer after layer. After layer. Nicole will have more to say about that, BTW. Adults are running around like little children who have never seen snow before. Dont people here have to work? Some little kids threw a snowball at me and laughed. I was too distracted and ignored them, but if that happens again, Ill throw a snowball right back. Ive seen two snowmen so far, one in the middle of old town square, and a tiny one on a bench. Wish I had a way to put photos in this library computer.

The thing that makes me really happy, though, is wandering around the streets alone at night, just thinking about stuff, and taking notes. I am going to do that just about every day now, I think, or at least every day its snowing. There are hardly any people on the streets at night. Its just empty and beautiful and dark and snowy.

I emailed my friend Nick, who I think works at two magazines in Stockholm, and he said I could visit him in Sweden. I would probably go in May, after our time is up. Nick is pretty much the last friend I have from my pre Austin days, and I havent seen him in a long time, so I am really excited about that. I really hope Sweden still gets snow in May.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home