This is our Prague Blog. Czech it out!

Being the unbelievable adventures of two young travelers in Prague and elsewhere...

Friday, January 28, 2005

"This is Really Bad"

Nicole is off in the Czech Countryside right now with the real Czech people, hating me more than anybody in the world right now. She was supposed to receive a call from me by now, but since she hasn§t, she knows I§m the most irresponsible person she has ever set ezes on. This trip will end with my death on her hands, I am sure of it.

After my last blog entry from the dorm last night, Nicole and I went to the apartment, and somewhere along the way, the fact that I should get a cell phone the next day came up. I said I would get one. Then, because I had slept until 5 p.m. the day before, I could not go to sleep at all. Nicole was supposed to wake me up before her trip to the country at 730 am, and I just sat there, waiting, trzing to sleep, reading Healing Zourself With Whole Foods, and trzing to sleep. Everz noise I heard gave me hope that she was about to wake me up. As soon as that time came, I was ready to go to sleep. !Ah, zou should have come 30 minute ago,! I half jokinglz complained. "Zou didn§t sleep at all and now zou want to go to sleep," Nicole asked, horrified. "That§s reallz bad." I never before noticed how often Nicole says "That is really bad." Maybe it§s a phrase she likes, or maybe an unusually large number of bad things have been happening this week. I§m guessing the latter. "I am getting up, I promise," I promised.

I had this grand plan of cooking Nicole a fancy dinner for when she got back from petting the peasants, but I wasn§t sure what time she was getting back on Sunday. !What time are zou getting back on Sundaz,! I asked innocentlz enough. "I don§t know," she retorted. "If zou had a phone, I could call zou and this wouldn§t be a problem." I was supposed to buz a phone in the middle of the night? True, I was awake, but everzthing closes earlz here. I feel oppressed when people tell me to do something I was already going to do, so I didn§t say ańzthing. "You need to get a phone today," Nicole hammered home. I went to my room, ate a bowl of oats, and moped.

She knocked on my door. "Bye, I am late!" "I will get a phone," I said. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hey, do not forget to get a phone and call me so I have your number, okay?"

And that§s what I did. I swear to God. I got Yulav to take me to T=Mobile, and I Got a Czech SIM card for my phone. FIRST THING. My phone was dead, so I went grocery shopping == big dinner sunday whoo = and then went back to the apartment to charge my phone. Then I went and searched aimlessly for the vegan restaurant with Yuval. We got there just as it closed. Then Yuval met Vaclev Havel on the street, and got him to a sign a book that he had just bought by Vaclev Havel. That§s a cool Praguie thing to do, I guess. Went home, turned on my phone, and started to write this text message"

I got a phone. Friends again? Yuval met Vaclev Havel today. Say hi to the real Czech people for me. Went to Country Life... and then my phone went dead. Noot from batteries. It seems to be unfixable. Just like my face the moment Nicole walks in the door Šunday night.

This country is impossible. The kezboards don§t even work. And Yuval§s been drinknig himself into a stupor while I write this. So I have to go. But don§t worry, Nicole and I will be best friends again by Tuesday, and by Wednesdaz I§ll be having the time of mz life.... PRAGUE1111111111

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh rhys it isn't all that bad, is it?
-nic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home