This is our Prague Blog. Czech it out!

Being the unbelievable adventures of two young travelers in Prague and elsewhere...

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

America says good-bye to Nicole!



This is Nicole and me on the runway of the Atlanta International Airport. It's hard to see in this photo, but the president was there to see her off, as were Johnny Depp, Beck, and Brit Daniels from Spoon. It was a pretty big deal. A lot of people were crying, especially during Nicole's speech (I'll post the transcript later). A bunch of people tried to convince her to stay, and she almost did. That is, until I showed her a photo of Pavel Bém, the mayor of Prague.



So dashing, and the leader of all bohemia. That knocked sense into her real quick.

Not long after this photo was taken, a concord jet swooped out of the sky and carried Nicole on to the first leg of her journey: London, England, where she will learn how to apply studing -- which she already knows how to do -- to being abroad. Next comes Vienna, where she'll do I don't know what, and finally Prague on the 21st. I'll meet her a few days after that. Rest assured, Nicole will be blogging every day during this intense traveling period. She confided to me that she might even blog from the plane. Her next update will be coming any minute now... trust me... any second...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home